What A Goon!

I had portraits on the mind last night, so I went back through the shoot I did for my sister’s family last week to find something to post. I decided on a shot of my oldest nephew. The title of the post may not seem to make sense when looking at this adorable face…but believe me, this shot is one in a million with this guy. Whenever the camera is pointed at him, he likes to either run away or make a frowny face…perhaps this is typical behaviour for a two-and-a-half year old ๐Ÿ˜‰ Regardless, I’m very pleased that I was able to get a great headshot of the little guy, and even more pleased that there’s a hint of a smile on his face.

Canon EOS 50D, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, 50mm, F 1.4, ISO 100, 1/320 sec

Brian Furbush - February 23, 2011 - 7:20 am

Great shot Heath! Sharp as a tack too – that 1.4 is crisp!

Mike Olbinski - February 23, 2011 - 7:21 am

That is one thing that is amazing about portrait work…you can have the biggest pain in the butt kid, but you get a few shots here and there and suddenly all the photos make him look like an angel ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve dealt with that plenty…it’s always a treat for the parents to actually see you come up with a few great shots. They tend to be blown away that you go anything at all ๐Ÿ™‚

Well done Heath!

Jim Denham - February 23, 2011 - 7:39 am

Works for my kid too Heath. Good stuff buddy!

Tweets that mention What A Goon! ยป Heath O'Fee Photography -- Topsy.com - February 23, 2011 - 7:44 am

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Scott Wyden Kivowitz, Mike Olbinski, lindsey patrick, Jim Denham, Tim Gibson and others. Tim Gibson said: RT @MikeOlbinski: RT @yycofee: New photo up on the blog: 'What a Goon!' http://bit.ly/hN9M3T #photog #togs <– Cute kid […]

Tobias George - February 23, 2011 - 7:47 am

Really enjoying your portrait shots recently. This one is great!

Dave Wilson - February 23, 2011 - 9:11 am

Excellent! You can’t beat a fast 50mm for this kind of shot though you really need to be careful with the focus when it’s wide open like this. Focus here is spot on – the eyes are pin sharp.

Tanya - February 23, 2011 - 9:33 am

Wonderful shot! I’m going to pick your brain about this later.

murphyz - February 23, 2011 - 5:59 pm

Nice capture, and great eyes in this one Heath, well done. His reaction to the camera is very similar to mine, it seems.