Red or Gray?

I thought I might as well continue with the nighttime urban theme I’ve had going for my past two images since I’ve been having so much fun processing them. These two different coloured doors into this old brick building caught my attention…mostly because it reminded me of the classic red pill/blue pill question asked of Neo in The Matrix. So…which door will you choose?

Canon EOS 50D, Canon TS-E 17mm f/4.0L, 17mm, F 11, ISO 100, 5 Exposures

Mike Olbinski - October 22, 2010 - 8:40 am

Well, I somehow feel led to choose the gray door…I’m thinking it’s that giant FREAKING arrow 🙂

But since it’s so obvious…I’ll choose red.

(Great photo btw…love this)

Jim Denham - October 22, 2010 - 8:44 am

I’ll take the red door, because someone obviously wants me to pick the grey door based on the huge arrow Mike referred to! I’m not one to follow directions well! Great pic Heath!

Patrick Shourds - October 22, 2010 - 10:05 am

Very cool Urban HDR. The 2 doors set off the textures and shadows on the bricks. I take the red door!

Mark Garbowski - October 22, 2010 - 10:42 am

You guys are so wrong. I can’t believe you all missed the obvious. You don’t take either door. You use a grappling hook to get up to the low sub-roof, then either push in or if necessary break a window – you can they have no bars from here for criminey’s sake, and then sneak down to, well, whatever it is the scene requires: rescue the hostages, steal the macguffin, gather the evidence, spy on your nemesis, nab the bad guys.
Yeesh! 🙂

John Tammaro - October 22, 2010 - 5:50 pm

Excellent shot. Don’t listen to those troublemakers as clearly the arrow is to remind people of the no parking sign and has nothing to do with the gray door.

Heath O'Fee - October 22, 2010 - 8:04 pm

You guys are awesome! You all made me bust a gut laughing with those comments, thanks a ton!

chris robins - November 5, 2010 - 1:25 pm

hey heath, we don’t know each other, my friend steve beal turned me on to your work. just getting started with HDR.

Red…you know something crazy is always happening behind a red door.

nice work.

Scott Wood - November 22, 2010 - 10:35 pm

Gotta go with the red. I agree, trying to hard to get my attention to the gray.