The Loneliest Number

This was the last set of brackets I shot on my brief solo downtown photowalk yesterday afternoon, and am I glad I did! I think this is going to end up being one of my favorites of the day.

For me, this shot is a lesson in persistence. About half an hour before I took these brackets, I was accosted by a security guard for taking photos of the exterior of the building I work in. I wasn’t too impressed with the encounter, and it left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I really just wanted to walk back to my car and head home, but I convinced myself that there were more brackets to be had, and at the start of the day I knew I wanted to hit a parkade to see what I could come up with. So, I sucked it up and kept shooting, and I’m really glad I did.

Canon EOS 50D, Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5, 16mm, F 8.0, ISO 100, 3 Exposures

Mike Olbinski - October 11, 2010 - 11:18 am

I honestly don’t get the security guard issue…so amazing how about 80% of them do this kind of thing to photographers.

Brilliant photo, love the focus and composition here! Tones and processing are spot-on!

Azriel Knight - October 11, 2010 - 1:06 pm

I’m really enjoying your HDR’s…due to the fact that they generally don’t look overdone, also because of your choice of subject matter.

The security guard should not be able to harass you from the street.

Heath O'Fee - October 11, 2010 - 2:39 pm

Thanks very much, Mike! The security encounters are definitely a bit frustrating.

Azriel: I`m glad you`re enjoying my images! I do try to keep the HDR on the more realistic side. And to be fair, I was on the property while taking the photos.

Lindsay - October 11, 2010 - 6:12 pm

Great picture Heath! Creeped me out a tad with your timing however since I’ve had that song in my head all day today by Three Dog Night…very weird coincidence. Happy Thanksgiving!
Lindsay

Heath O'Fee - October 12, 2010 - 2:16 pm

VERY strange coincidence, Linds! Thanks for the comment, much appreciated!

Michael Tuuk - October 12, 2010 - 8:53 pm

Three Dog Night…Or are you too young to know what I’m talking about? 🙂

Downtown Crossing - Jacob F. Lucas - jflphotography.com - Photo Blog » Jacob F. Lucas – jflphotography.com – Photo Blog - March 4, 2011 - 6:23 am

[…] my mate Heath O’Fee. Heath is from Calgary in Canada, and has been producing some pretty fantastic images of parking garages on his blog in the last couple of months. They’re a great […]

Downtown Crossing | Jacob F. Lucas – jflphotography.com – Seattle Based Landscape, Travel, and Urban Architecture Photographer - April 10, 2011 - 11:25 pm